Every creator/pin maker has their own standards of grading when it comes to enamel pins, thus there being no general, fixed grading system for all to follow.
Enamel pins are subject to small imperfections and other differences due to being individually handmade items, meaning no pin is completely flawless or perfect. All of my pins are carefully inspected and graded accordingly!
Please note that colors may differ from your device's screen to the actual product. The following system is my grading standard.
STANDARD PINS (A-Grade)
These pins are the highest quality I offer. No major flaws, but may exhibit minor cosmetic imperfections that are only visible upon close inspection, under certain lighting and/or angles. They are great for wearing, displaying, or gifted! They will always come packaged with a backing card and are sold at full price.
Flaws for Standard-quality pins may include but are not limited to:
- Light scuffing, scratches, buff marks, dents
- Tiny bubbles, specks and/or dots in enamel
- Slightly underfilled enamel in small areas
- Minor discoloration
- Imperfections on the back or side of the pin
- Excess metal in-, or on the exterior lining of the pin
- Slightly wiggly posts
- (Glitter Pins) Small specks of stray glitter, slightly darker specks of glitter
- (Screenprinted Pins) Slightly misaligned screenprinted details
SECONDS PINS (B-Grade)
Seconds-quality pins display more noticeable flaws that vary with each pin. These are sold at a discounted price and are fantastic for everyday wear and/or use and still make a great addition to a collection.
Flaws for Seconds-quality pins may include but are not limited to:
- Noticeable and/or deep scratches across the metal and/or enamel
- Noticeable smudges and/or staining on the metal or enamel
- Excessive or larger display/area of bubbles, specks, dirt in enamel
- Small area of missing or chipped enamel
- Low or uneven fill in large areas
- Moving posts
- More obvious discoloration or staining
- Wrongly filled enamel colors
- (Screenprinted Pins) More noticeably misaligned or missing screenprinted details
These pins have either major or multiple flaws such as low-quality/highly defective metal work, large areas of obvious underfill, large/deep scratches, scuffing, large bubble, etc.
These are sold at a heavily discounted price at the Flea Market section or used as freebies during some sales or special promotions.
COLLECTOR’S GRADE PINS
I'm sorry, I do not offer collector’s grade pins.
**By purchasing from SWAMPHY, you understand and agree to the conditions of this pin grading system.**